Call for Artists
Entry Deadline EXTENDED: August 25th, 2018
The South Cobb Arts Alliance (SCAA) is pleased to announce our “Imaginary Worlds” Exhibition! The exhibition will be run from September 28 through October 29, 2018.
In our much anticipated upcoming exhibition entitled “Imaginary Worlds”, we challenge the artist to utilize digital technology to alter their original photographic image in order to create unique and impossible realities. Picture a world of fantasy… an escape from real life, limited only by your imagination and your technical skills. It can be a world created from a single digitally manipulated photograph, or a composite of multiple images… if you can imagine it, you can create it!
JUROR & JUDGE: John Mariana
In 1980 John started using photography in connection to his art background to create color images. By 1984 black and white prints became his specialty. Today, John uses photography to create fine art black and white and color prints expressing his thoughts and artistic vision. He was president of the organization that consisted of 40 clubs in the greater Chicago metropolitan area. He became the Chairman of the Chicago Area Photographic School from 1986 to 1990. Co-founded the not-for-profit American Photographic Academy dedicated to Education In The Art Of Photography. Founded the ambient light workshops to provide in-the-field and darkroom education. John contacts workshops in the US and other countries such as Costa Rica. For more details, please visit his website http://www.marianaphotography.com
Awards include $250.00 First Place Prize, $125.00 Second Place Prize and $75.00 Third Place Prize. Awards will be given at the discretion of, and as designated by, the juror. The juror’s decision is final.
ELIGIBILITY & MEDIA:
- Open to all residence of the USA, age 18 or older.
- Must be original work, not previously shown with SCAA.
- All work must be priced for sale. NFS works will not be accepted
- Art work must be wired and ready to hang; no saw tooth hangers, single nail clips or clip frames.
- Art work must be no larger than 48”x48” or smaller than 11”x14” including frame; and weigh no more than 25 lbs.
- SCAA reserves the right to disqualify any work not suitable or that varies from submitted image.
- SCAA reserves the right to use all art, artist information and images for publicizing the event and for other promotional purposes.
- August 25 – Deadline for receipt of on-line entry form, jpegs, registration and applicable non refundable fee
- Septmber 10 – Juror’s selections will be emailed to participants
- September 25 – Hand delivered work must be received at Mable House Art Center, 10 am to 2 pm. Contact Curator should special arrangements need to be requested.
- September 28 – Exhibition opens to the public
- September 29 – Reception and Awards Ceremony 5 to 7 pm
- October 29 – Exhibition closes
- October 30 – Work can be picked up at Mable House Art Center, 10 am to 2 pm. Contact Curator should special arrangements need to be requested.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Entry Fee: A nonrefundable entry fee of $25.00. Up to three (3) artworks may be submitted.
- Image Requirements: Submit high resolution jpeg images, at least 150 dpi and no larger than 2 MB. Each jpeg must be labeled with the artist’s last name, 1st name, title of work. For example: DoeJohn-MyImage.jpg
- Online Submission: Images shall be submitted online together with interactive entry form and secured fees through PayPal at the southcobbarts.org website.
- Attach your label or business card to the back upper right corner of each accepted piece when delivered. Include Artist Name, Phone#, Title, Medium, and Price.
- Hand Delivery: The artist or designated agent may bring accepted artwork to MHAC, 5239 Floyd Rd., Mableton, GA 30126, on Tuesday, September 25th, 10am – 2 pm. If special arrangements need to be requested email SCAACurator.SSpy@gmail.com with the header “Imaginary Worlds Exhibition”.
- No commercial or mailed shipments will be accepted at the venue nor at the SCAA mailing or physical address.
SALES & COMMISSION:
Every effort is made to promote sales. SCAA retains a 25% commission and adds a 6% sales tax to the price of each work that sells. Sold works are to remain in the exhibition until its official closing date.
LIABILITY: By submitting your entry you are acknowledging that you agree to the following:
- Completion of the entry form constitutes the artist’s agreement with all conditions established in this prospectus and SCAA terms and conditions.
- SCAA shall act as the artists’ agent for the purpose of exhibiting the works entered and selling the works at the prices listed.
- A 25% SCAA commission and 6% sales tax apply to any work sold during this exhibition. A check minus the tax and commission will be mailed to the Artist within 30 days after the close of the exhibition.
- All work will remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibit.
- Although SCAA agrees to handle all artwork with proper care, the Artist is solely responsible for insuring artwork. SCAA and the venue shall not be liable for damage or loss.
- SCAA is unable to provide protective storage and cannot be responsible for artwork left after the pick-up date or unreturnable shipped work.
- The Artist’s work must be picked up on _October 30th, 2018____ unless prior arrangements are made with a SCAA representative. Work not retrieved within 7 days may become the property of SCAA.
- SCAA reserves the right to use artist information and images for publicizing the event. A full color catalog of all accepted works will be produced and a copy will be available to each accepted artist as well as reception or gallery guests. SCAA shall make an artists’ list available for visitors and place labels by each piece of work.
Questions? Contact SCAACurator.SSpy@gmail.com
NOTE for on-line registration: Before you click on the Registration button, please select Quantity of 1 (meaning one registration, not the number of work to be entered). If you are having difficulty in the registration system with the uploading your photo images, please recheck the Image Requirements. Additional questions, call 864-571-0597 to contact an SCAA volunteer.