Art at the Avenue 2023 with a Student Emerging Artists Juried Art Call. JUNE 15 DEADLINE
The South Cobb Arts Alliance (SCAA) is pleased to announce 2 STUDENT JURIED ART COMPETITIONS: MIDDLE SCHOOL AND HIGH SCHOOL as part of its event scheduling during the SCAA’s National Juried invitation, Art at the Avenue 2023. ART CALL REGISTRATION IS EXTENDED UNTIL JUNE 15. (Registration details below include – select school level, contact information, upload one photo of art.)
ART TEACHERS: If you are entering multiple student artwork, please contact SCAA at 864-571-0597 or firstname.lastname@example.org, as registration is set up for individual entries.
Art for the 2023 Student Juried Exhibition will feature all types of genre, medium, style, and technique in arts, The event will be held at The Avenue West Cobb, Marietta, Georgia and open to the public beginning July 15 through August 5, 2023. Exhibit Reception: Saturday July 15, 2023. Art awards will be presented at the reception.
Student Awards: Middle School Awards include $100 First Prize, $50 Second Prize, $25 Third Prize. High School Awards include $100 First Prize, $50 Second Prize, $25 Third Prize. Awards will be given at the discretion of, and as designated by, the juror and the juror’s decisions are final.
Registration Categories: Middle School Art and High School Art. Classifications defined as enrollment in school year 2022-23. If a senior beginning the school year 2022, the student artist would be eligible to participate in the High School competition. If a middle school student during the beginning of the 2022-23 school year enrollment, the student artist would be eligible to compete in the Middle School competition. (Category is not based on upcoming school year and status.)
Please note before you begin your registration that:
- Artwork in this juried invitation must be delivered in person for this exhibit. No shipments will be accepted. (Artwork delivery will be the second week in July.)
- No entry fee for Middle and High School submissions of one (1) piece of artwork.
- Read and review the agreement for work. Signature requirement at time of install.
- One entry per student.
- Complete entry for competition with registration details on-line. Enter student category, click #1 and complete form.
- Upload of the image required for submission as well as completing information in registration area below.
- All Student artwork must be original and owned by the artist.
- Student Artwork entries must be listed as either NFS (not for sale) or priced for sale. If priced to purchase, sale price will include a 25% commission, so please price your work accordingly.
- Size and weight of work: 2-d art work must up to 60 inches on longest side and up to 60 lb. Free standing 3-d art work must fit through a retail front door – 40×70 inches.
- If work needs installation, the artist must provide all necessary components and tools.
- Artwork will remain in the gallery until the end of the exhibit unless it’s sold.
- Your work must be wired and ready to hang – Saw Tooth hangers, single D-rings, single-nail clips, adhesive or clip frames are NOT accepted. Please contact SCAA volunteers if you have any questions or helpful hints as to how to prepare your artwork. A free workshop and guideline is available; see event.
- After artwork is juried, eMail Notifications will be sent on June 25, 2023 to indicate whether your work is invited into the Student exhibit or not. The notification will also include location and dates/times for delivery and pickup.
- Accepted artwork must be delivered on the delivery dates/location which will be included in the acceptance email.
- SCAA reserves the right to use any image for publicity purposes. The copyright remains with the artist.
- No changes to submissions – title, price, artwork, etc. – will be accepted after submission is complete. Invited work must be labeled with: Artist’s name, Title of artwork, Price, Telephone, eMail.
Mario D. Robinson is an Artist, Podcast Host, Digital Creator and part owner of 8RobinsonsTV. Mario is a visionary first and logical/analytical thinker second. While his foundation is in fine arts and graphic design, he has learned application development and now business management/administration. He desires to use his skills to help both individuals and organizations reach their full potential.
Angelo T. Robinson is an interdisciplinary artist who lives and works out of Senoia, GA. A self-taught artist, he joined the US Navy in 1992, where he served ten years active duty and four years in the Naval Reserves as a Seabee. Traveling to locales such as Italy, Spain, Turkey, Greece, Africa, France, Cuba, Puerto Rico, Egypt, the Virgin Islands, Israel, and the United Arab Emirates greatly influenced Angelo’s approach to art. The vibrancy, diverse richness, and simple beauty of the cultures he experienced are shown throughout his work.
Jerald “Levar” Robinson is an Artist and middle school art teacher who believes in “Spreading Love Through Art”. He is an experimental artist who uses all mediums. He is also part owner of Supadopefresh and 8RobinsonsTV and podcast host for multiple podcasts. Levar is also Director of Exhibits and Artist Development for South Cobb Arts Alliance.
The Venue: The Avenue West Cobb is an open-air lifestyle shopping center in Marietta, located at 3625 Dallas Highway, Marietta, GA 30064 featuring a unique mix of retailer and restaurants with an estimated annual foot traffic of 2.5-3 million. The venue is a large open space with smaller rooms to accommodate a gift shop and interactive community events. Art at the Avenue 2023 will be in a 10,499 sq ft space.
Events: Events within the Juried Exhibit: Art makes our communities stronger. SCAA is celebrating 51 years of art inspirations. The National Juried Exhibit’s main art event includes a planned blending of events which is scheduled to include presentations by the Georgia Ballet (The Georgia Ballet | Home of Classical Ballet), and more.
STUDENT ARTIST CALL
May 1, 2023 - June 15, 2023
8:00 AM - 11:55 PM
Venue: The Avenue West Cobb
Venue Phone: (678) 594-6738Address: