Why you should JOIN South Cobb Arts Alliance.
An arts organization like no other.
SCAA is a non-profit arts organization made up entirely of unpaid volunteers. When you become a Member or donate to SCAA, know that 100% of your contribution goes toward supporting arts projects and activities.
We have been serving our community for 48 years and counting, and, all of our volunteers take our interactions to the next level. Art is a wonderful way to help build and strengthen our communities. It helps to engage, inspire, and encourage us to reach out and connect with each other, express our creative voice and create shared experiences while working together toward meaningful outcomes.
Some information you may not know about SCAA:
- Awarded National Endowment for the Arts Grant in 2016-17.
- 2014 SCAA and Volunteer Award recognition from Cobb Community Relations Council at its Celebration of Diversity.
- Outstanding Ensemble/Arts Organization Award in 2009 by Cobb Arts Board and Friends of the Arts.
- Artist level membership include an on-line Artist Directory where you can shop local SCAA art directly from the artist.
- Public art exhibits for solo artists, local artists, national juried competitions to art educators and student annual exhibits.
- Special social media features: SCAA Spotlight of our artists and members.
- Social media flashback photos which illustrate the range of experience and vision of this almost 50 yr old all volunteer supported non-profit art organization.
- Volunteers having fun, working with artists, or working for service credit. Volunteers knowing whether you are an artist, a fan of arts, or just community inspired to bring the arts to so many, you can still volunteer with SCAA.
- 2020 Public art exhibit schedules and projects adjusted during this time. 33rd National Juried Exhibit is on hold. 36th Christmas House Arts and Crafts Show and Market is scheduled in early December at the Ford Center in Powder Springs.
- Restarting our SCAA classes and workshops in 2021 with discounts to members.
- Outreach activity: Color Pop– an SCAA envisioned ART coloring book project for children in hospitals and at other facilities. Artwork to be done by artists (professional as well as amateur), students, schools, and other organizations to communicate their best wishes and to raise the spirits of the recipients.
Art, more than ever, is needed in our community. SCAA needs your help to continue our beneficial advancement of the arts for public exhibits, student art exhibits, collaborations with other visual and performing art groups to doing outreach projects. Please consider becoming a member today with a memberships starting at an annual fee of $20. https://southcobbarts.org/join-scaa/
Empower our community with SCAA local arts programs. Join us promoting the arts for everyone in our community.
“…Thank you for everything you are doing to keep this venerable institution going in these unprecedented times….” “Please keep doing it [the social media posting of art].” “Stunning @scaaorg [Instagram]” “Thank you for all that you do.”
- July 11, 2020 - September 30, 2020
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM