Event Phone: 864-571-0597
Call for Artists: “An Exhibit Celebrating Black History and Artistry”
The South Cobb Arts Alliance (SCAA) is pleased to announce our “An Exhibit Celebrating Black History and Artistry.” The exhibition will be at the Vinings Cobb County Library and will exhibit February 4 to April 26, 2019. SCAA welcomes all SCAA artists to present their artwork honoring and celebrating Black History and local artists.
Location: Vinings Cobb County Library, 4290 Paces Ferry Road, Atlanta, Georgia
Pre Registration Entry Deadline: January 25, 2019 Pre-registration required as exhibit is limited to one 2 d entry, as indicated below. No 3d pieces.
ELIGIBILITY & MEDIA:
- Open to all SCAA artists and requires pre-registration as space is limited.
- Artwork must be original.
- Artwork shall be priced for sale. NFS works will not be accepted.
- Art work must be wired and ready to hang; no saw tooth hangers, single nail clips or clip frames.
- 2 D Art work can be no larger than 24 X 36 or 30 X40 or smaller than 11”x14” including frame; and weigh no more than 25 lbs unless pre-approved. Space is limited.
- SCAA reserves the right to disqualify any work not suitable for public display or that varies from submitted images. Some artwork will be displayed in the Library’s Children’s section.
- SCAA reserves the right to use all art, artist information and images for publicizing the event and for other promotional purposes.
- January 25 – Deadline for receipt of on-line entry form, jpegs, registration. E-mail notification as to entry.
- February 1: – Hand delivered work must be received at the Vinings Library, 9 am to 11am. Contact Curator should special arrangements need to be requested.
- February 4 – Exhibition opens to the public.
- April 6 – Reception, 1:30 to 3:30 pm
- April 26 – Exhibition closes.
- April 27 – Work can be picked up at Vinings Cobb County Library, 9 am to 11 am. Contact Curator should special arrangements need to be requested.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- Information on-line at SCAA website. SCAA membership required and as such with no entry fee.
- Image Requirements: Submit high resolution jpeg images, at least 150 dpi and no larger than 2 MB. Label each jpeg with the artist’s last name, first name, title of work. For example: DoeJohn-MyImage.jpg
- NOTE for on-line registration: Before you click on the Registration button, please select Quantity of 1 (meaning one registration, not the number of work to be entered). If you are having difficulty in the registration system with the uploading your photo images, please recheck the Image Requirements. Additional questions, call 864-571-0597 to contact an SCAA volunteer.
- Online Submission: Images shall be submitted online together with interactive entry information as to artist, name of artwork and pricing. Please enter the correct information which will appear on the exhibit labels.
- Attach your label or business card to the back upper right corner of each accepted piece when delivered. Include Artist Name, Phone#, Title, Medium, and Price.
- Hand Delivery: The artist or designated agent may bring accepted artwork to Vinings Library. If special arrangements need to be requested email email@example.com with the header “Artistry Exhibit.”
- No commercial or mailed shipments will be accepted at the Vining Library venue nor at the SCAA mailing or physical addresses.
SALES & COMMISSION:
Every effort is made to promote sales. SCAA retains a 25% commission and adds a 6% sales tax to the price of each work that sells. Sold works are to remain in the exhibition until its official closing date.
LIABILITY: By submitting your entry you are acknowledging that you agree to the following:
- Completion of the entry form constitutes the artist’s agreement with all conditions established in this prospectus and SCAA terms and conditions.
- SCAA shall act as the artists’ agent for the purpose of exhibiting the works entered and selling the works at the prices listed.
- A 25% SCAA commission and 6% sales tax apply to any work sold during this exhibition. A check minus the tax and commission will be mailed to the Artist within 30 days after the close of the exhibition.
- All work will remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibit.
- Although SCAA agrees to handle all artwork with proper care, the Artist is solely responsible for insuring artwork. SCAA and the venue shall not be liable for damage or loss.
- SCAA is unable to provide protective storage and cannot be responsible for artwork left after the pick-up date or, if applicable, unreturnable shipped work.
- The Artist’s work must be picked up on the prescribed date unless prior arrangements are made with a SCAA representative. There is no space available to store artwork at this facility. Work not retrieved within 7 days may become the property of SCAA.
- SCAA reserves the right to use artist information and images for publicizing the event. A full color catalog of all accepted works will be produced and a copy will be available to each accepted artist as well as reception or gallery guests. SCAA shall make an artists’ list available for visitors and place labels by each piece of work.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org SUBJECT: Artistry Celebration or call 864-571-0597 and a volunteer will return your call.
- Call For Entry Deadline is January 25
January 1, 2019 - January 25, 2019
12:00 AM - 8:00 PM