Upcoming Artist Calls at Rooted Trading Co
A perfect eclectic venue for a smaller showcase of local art. SCAA is honored to be part of this Best of Cobb 2022 retail venue of Rooted Trading Co, located in Powder Springs.
Below are the dates for upcoming SCAA Exhibits at this venue. Artist Calls will become linked for registration as these calls are opened. All entries will be considered, and artists will be notified as to acceptance as to the specific exhibit date and category they have registered. Artwork will be on display for approximately 2 months at this location. Exhibit Dates below will allow artists to plan ahead and register earlier for the venue exhibit. Dates may be subject to change.
Registration Entry and deadlines will be posted on a specific registration link. Pre-registration required as exhibit is limited to one entry per artist, unless artwork represents a series. Sorry, there is no 3d artwork scheduled for this venue. Note: Number of on-line registrations may not reflect total registrations on-line as artists may opt to register at SCAA events. Artists will be notified as to exhibiting confirmations.
Artist Call Registration Information
Nov-January: Open Theme Exhibit. REGISTER BY NOV 18
Jan-March: Black Artistry/ Black History Month Exhibit. REGISTER BY DEC 29
March -May: McEachern AP Students
As space is limited, Artists accepted into the exhibit will be sent a confirmation email with details as to delivery of artwork.
Pre-registration required as exhibit is limited to one entry per artist. Sorry, there is no 3d artwork scheduled for this venue unless the artwork can be displayed using the wire hanging system.
ELIGIBILITY and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT for Submissions of Entry: As space is limited, artwork will be reviewed with an email acceptance notice regarding the artwork for this exhibit as well as details for the delivery of the artwork, pick up, etc.
- SCAA members will not be required to pay a fee to submit, however, members will need to register their entry and photo(s) for review.
- Non-SCAA artists will be charged $25 with $20 of which can be applied to any SCAA membership level in the next 30 days. (Not a member? Join Today at https://southcobbarts.org/join-scaa/. Or, complete the membership form .)
PARAMETERS of ELIGIBILITY & MEDIA: One (1) artwork item only, but more than one photo of the image is acceptable.
- Open to all artists and entry review requires pre-registration as space is limited.
- Artwork must be original.
- Artwork shall be priced for sale. NFS works will not be accepted
- Artwork must be wired and ready to hang; no saw tooth hangers, single nail clips, adhesive clips, or clip frames. Art work will installed from a wire hanging system; suggest artwork wire be installed on the frame higher to lessen artwork tilting forward.
- As this is a smaller venue space, 2 D Artwork is best no larger than 24 X 36 or 30 X40 or smaller than 11”x14” including frame; and weigh no more than 25 lbs unless pre-approved. However, some larger pieces can be considered; please contact the SCAA volunteer with your artwork specific information. Size of artwork pieces will affect the total number of pieces accepted during this exhibit.
- SCAA reserves the right to disqualify any work not suitable for public display or that varies from submitted images.
- SCAA reserves the right to use all art, artist information and images for publicizing the event and for other promotional purposes.
- Dates for hand delivery and pick up plus correspondence as to venue will be sent to those artists accepted for this specific exhibit.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- No Entry Fee for SCAA Members as long as their membership is current. Non-members will be charged a fee; $20 of that charge may be applied to any SCAA membership level within 30 days of the exhibit registration.
- Image Requirements: Submit high resolution jpeg images, at least 150 dpi and no larger than 2 MB. Label each jpeg photo with the artist’s last name, first name, title of work. For example: DoeJohn-MyImage title.jpg .
- NOTE for on-line registration: Before you begin, you should select Member or Non-Member field and next to this indicator is a QTY number. Click on the Registration button and please select SCAA Member or Non-Member with a Quantity of 1 (meaning one registration/one artist, not the number of work to be entered nor the number of pictures/images to upload). If you are having difficulty in the registration system with the uploading your photo images or the system seems to not be working, please recheck the Image Requirements. Your image may need downsizing as some phones and other tablet camera images may be too large to upload to the website. Additional questions, call 864-571-0597 to contact an SCAA volunteer by email.
- Online Submission: Images shall be submitted online together with payment (if applicable), interactive entry information as to artist, name of artwork and pricing. Please enter the correct information which will appear on the exhibit labels. Registration button below: enter as Member or Non-Member; select 1, and continue to complete form.
SALES & COMMISSION:
Every effort is made to promote sales. SCAA retains a 25% commission and adds a 6% sales tax to the price of each work that sells. Sold works are to remain in the exhibition until its official closing date.
LIABILITY: By submitting your entry you are acknowledging that you agree to the following:
- Completion of the entry form constitutes the artist’s agreement with all conditions established in this and acceptance prospectus and SCAA terms and conditions.
- SCAA shall act as the artists’ agent for the purpose of exhibiting the works entered and selling the works at the prices listed.
- A 25% SCAA commission and 6% sales tax apply to any work sold during this exhibition. A check minus the tax and commission will be mailed to the Artist within 30 days after the close of the exhibition.
- All work will remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibit, unless it is sold at which time the artists will be notified.
- Although SCAA agrees to handle all artwork with proper care, the Artist is solely responsible for insuring artwork. SCAA and the venue shall not be liable for damage or loss.
- SCAA is unable to provide protective storage and cannot be responsible for artwork left after the pick-up date or, if applicable, unreturnable shipped work.
- The Artist’s work must be picked up on the prescribed date unless prior arrangements are made with a SCAA representative. There is no space available to store artwork at this facility. Work not retrieved within 7 days may become the property of SCAA.
- SCAA reserves the right to use artist information and images for publicizing the event. SCAA shall make an artists’ list available for visitors and place labels by each piece of work.
South Cobb Arts Alliance will be posting its upcoming Artists Calls as events and venues are rescheduled. Be sure to sign up for emails and check our social media as to when the next exhibit, artist call registration, or event will be posted on the SCAA website Event pages.
Questions? Contact email@example.com with the SUBJECT header: August Open Artist Exhibit and Registration or call 864-571-0597 and a volunteer will return your call.
Registrations close Nov 18 & Dec 29
November 8, 2022 - December 29, 2022
12:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Venue: Rooted Trading Co.
Venue Phone: 678-426-8305
Venue Website: www.rootedtradingco.comAddress: