Event Phone: 864-571-0597
“Your Best Exhibit: A Collection by SCAA Artists”
The South Cobb Arts Alliance (SCAA) is pleased to announce our “Your Best Exhibit: A Collection by SCAA Artists.” The exhibition will be at The Gallery in Powder Springs and will exhibit March 4 to April 26, 2019. In our much anticipated annual SCAA Member exhibition, artists are asked to present their best small work, an artwork which is their favorite, most challenging, or a joy to create and behold.
New Location: The Gallery at Powder Springs, 4488 Pineview Drive in the Community Development Building at the corners of Marietta Street and Pineview Drive in Powder Springs, GA.
Pre Registration Entry Deadline: February 15, 2019. Pre-registration required as exhibit is limited to one entry per SCAA member, with only small works, and 2d artwork as indicated below. No 3d artwork.
ELIGIBILITY & MEDIA:
- Open to all SCAA Members and requires pre-registration as space is limited.
- Artwork must be original.
- Artwork shall be priced for sale. NFS works will not be accepted
- Art work must be wired and ready to hang; no saw tooth hangers, single nail clips or clip frames.
- 2 D Art work can be no larger than 24 X 36 or 30 X40 or smaller than 11”x14” including frame; and weigh no more than 25 lbs unless pre-approved.
- SCAA reserves the right to disqualify any work not suitable for public display or that varies from submitted images.
- SCAA reserves the right to use all art, artist information and images for publicizing the event and for other promotional purposes.
- February 15 – Deadline for receipt of on-line entry form, jpegs, registration. E-mail notification as to entry.
- March 1: – Hand delivered work must be received at The Gallery at Powder Springs, 9 am to 4pm. Contact Curator should special arrangements need to be requested.
- March 4 – Exhibition opens to the public
- March 18 – Reception, 5 to 7 pm
- April 26 – Exhibition closes
- April 29 – Work can be picked up at The Gallery at Powder Springs, 10 am to 2 pm. Contact Curator should special arrangements need to be requested.
HOW TO REGISTER:
- No Entry Fee as Exhibit is for SCAA Members.
- Image Requirements: Submit high resolution jpeg images, at least 150 dpi and no larger than 2 MB. Label each jpeg with the artist’s last name, first name, title of work. For example: DoeJohn-MyImage.jpg
- NOTE for on-line registration: Before you click on the Registration button, please select Quantity of 1 (meaning one registration, not the number of work to be entered). If you are having difficulty in the registration system with the uploading your photo images, please recheck the Image Requirements. Additional questions, call 864-571-0597 to contact an SCAA volunteer.
- Online Submission: Images shall be submitted online together with interactive entry information as to artist, name of artwork and pricing. Please enter the correct information which will appear on the exhibit labels.
- Attach your label or business card to the back upper right corner of each accepted piece when delivered. Include Artist Name, Phone#, Title, Medium, and Price.
- Hand Delivery: The artist or designated agent may bring accepted artwork to 4488 Pineview Drive in the Community Development Building at the corners of Marietta Street and Pineview Drive in Powder Springs, GA 30127. If special arrangements need to be requested email firstname.lastname@example.org with the header “2019 Member Show”.
- No commercial or mailed shipments will be accepted at the Powder Springs venue nor at the SCAA mailing or physical addresses.
SALES & COMMISSION:
Every effort is made to promote sales. SCAA retains a 25% commission and adds a 6% sales tax to the price of each work that sells. Sold works are to remain in the exhibition until its official closing date.
LIABILITY: By submitting your entry you are acknowledging that you agree to the following:
- Completion of the entry form constitutes the artist’s agreement with all conditions established in this prospectus and SCAA terms and conditions.
- SCAA shall act as the artists’ agent for the purpose of exhibiting the works entered and selling the works at the prices listed.
- A 25% SCAA commission and 6% sales tax apply to any work sold during this exhibition. A check minus the tax and commission will be mailed to the Artist within 30 days after the close of the exhibition.
- All work will remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibit.
- Although SCAA agrees to handle all artwork with proper care, the Artist is solely responsible for insuring artwork. SCAA and the venue shall not be liable for damage or loss.
- SCAA is unable to provide protective storage and cannot be responsible for artwork left after the pick-up date or, if applicable, unreturnable shipped work.
- The Artist’s work must be picked up on the prescribed date unless prior arrangements are made with a SCAA representative. There is no space available to store artwork at this facility. Work not retrieved within 7 days may become the property of SCAA.
- SCAA reserves the right to use artist information and images for publicizing the event. A full color catalog of all accepted works will be produced and a copy will be available to each accepted artist as well as reception or gallery guests. SCAA shall make an artists’ list available for visitors and place labels by each piece of work.
Questions? Contact email@example.com SUBJECT header: MEMBER SHOW or call 864-571-0597 and a volunteer will return your call.
- Open for SCAA Member Exhibit
January 1, 2019 - February 15, 2019
12:00 AM - 8:00 PM