Call for Artists– South Cobb Arts Alliance presents: Art at The Avenue West Cobb 2023, a national juried invitational exhibit
Register Now. CAFE Registration with Entry Deadline: MAY 31, 2023
CaFE link entries end May 31 at https://artist.callforentry.org/festivals_unique_info.php?ID=11816
The South Cobb Arts Alliance (SCAA) is pleased to announce a national juried invitation to artists for its 2023 Juried Exhibition – Art at the Avenue 2023 featuring all types of genre, medium, style, and technique in arts and to be held at a unique 10,499 sq ft exhibit space at The Avenue West Cobb, Marietta, Georgia and open to the public beginning July 15, 2023.
REGISTRATION OPEN UNTIL MAY 31, 2023 at the CaFE website.
Please note before you begin your registration that:
- Artwork in this juried invitation must be delivered in person for this exhibit. No shipments will be accepted.
- Artwork must be for sale. Selling price will include 25% commission, so please price your work accordingly.
- The nonrefundable entry fee is $45 for up to 4 images.
- For image submission requirements, please follow Café guidelines.
- Art work must not have been included in the 2022 exhibit.
- The Art at the Avenue Exhibit-All work must be original and owned by the artist.
- Size and weight of work: 2-D art work must be no more than 60 inches on longest side and up to 60 lb. Free standing 3-D art work must fit through a retail front door – 40×70 inches.
- If work needs installation, the artist must provide all necessary components and tools.
- Artwork will remain in the gallery until the end of the exhibit unless it’s sold.
- Your work must be wired and ready to hang – Saw Tooth hangers, single D-rings, single-nail clips, adhesive or clip frames are NOT accepted.
- Accepted artwork must be delivered on the delivery dates/location which will be included in the acceptance email.
- SCAA reserves the right to use any image for publicity purposes. The copyright remains with the photographer.
- No changes to submissions – title, price, etc. – will be accepted after submission is complete.
- All work must be for sale and should include SCAA commission of 25%. So please price your work accordingly.
- Invited work must be labeled with: Artist’s name, Title of artwork, Price, Telephone, eMail.
Open to all residents of the USA 18 and older. eMail Notifications: eMail notifications will be sent on June 11, 2023 to indicate whether your work is invited into the exhibit or not. The notification will also include location and dates/times for delivery and pickup.
Awards: Awards include $500 First Prize, $300 Second Prize, $150 Third Prize. Awards will be given at the discretion of, and as designated by, the juror and the juror’s decision is final. Exhibit Reception: Saturday July 15, 2023.
Juror and Judge – Kathy Rennell Forbes is an accomplished artist and instructor. Her paintings are in collections around the world. She was a 2017 Olmsted Plein Air Invitational “Master Artist” and invited artist to Olmsted Georgia Color (2019 – 2022). Kathy is a Signature Member and past President of the Georgia Watercolor Society. She has won awards in local, regional and national exhibits. Forbes earned her BFA in Art and Art Education at the University of Georgia. She still attends workshops with leading painters of today. She teaches classes in the Atlanta area and watercolor workshops (US, Cuba, France, Italy, Spain). https://www.rennellforbes.com/
Location: The Avenue West Cobb (The Avenue West Cobb ::: Marietta ::: GA) is an open-air lifestyle shopping center in Marietta, located at 3625 Dallas Highway, Marietta, GA 30064 and has an estimated annual foot traffic of 2.5-3 million. The venue is a large open space with smaller rooms to accommodate a gift shop and interactive community events. Located 15 miles northwest of Atlanta, the location features an open-air, pedestrian friendly setting with a unique mix of retailers and restaurants to encourage guests to stroll, relax and stay awhile. The Art at the Avenue 2023 will be in a 10,499 sq ft space.
Events: Events within the Juried Exhibit: Art makes our communities stronger. SCAA is celebrating 51 years of art inspirations. Events in planning will include collaborative presentations by the Georgia Ballet (The Georgia Ballet | Home of Classical Ballet), and more. Additionally, a Student artwork juried competition for Middle and High Schools will be included in the Art at the Avenue 2023 with a Student Emerging Artists display.
Gift Shop: A Gift Shop will feature additional opportunities to purchase art from the juried artists as well as some local fine artists and crafters not included in the main juried exhibit. Application should indicate if the invited artist would like to participate in the Gift Shop opportunity.
More detailed information and artist registration online at Cafe registration page. Please note before you begin your registration that artwork in this juried invitation must be delivered in person for this exhibit. No shipments will be accepted.
Contact SCAA for more information.
NJE ARTIST CALL - ART AT THE AVENUE 2023
May 1, 2023 - May 31, 2023
12:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Venue: The Avenue West Cobb
Venue Phone: (678) 594-6738Address: