Event Phone: 864-571-0597
Call for Artists
Entry Deadline: May 25th, 2018
The South Cobb Arts Alliance (SCAA) is pleased to announce our Creative Explorations in Mixed Media Exhibition! The exhibition will be at the Mable House Arts Center (MHAC), 5239 Floyd Rd SW, Mableton, GA 30126, and will run from June 13th to July 25th 2018.
Creative Explorations in Mixed Media explores alternative, innovative ways of conceptualizing and creating mixed media art utilizing recycled and found objects. Wall hung art only. Freestanding sculpture not accepted.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open to all residents of the USA, age 18 or older.
- Original art work completed in the last two years. No print reproductions or Giclees.
- Artwork previously shown in a SCAA exhibit is not eligible.
- All works must be priced for sale. NFS works will not be accepted.
- Media: Mixed media / recycled materials
|May 25||Deadline for receipt of on-line entry form, jpegs, registration and applicable non refundable fee|
|May 25||Accepted entries notified by email|
|June 7||Hand delivered work received at Mable House Art Center, 10 am to 2 pm. Contact Curator should special arrangements need to be requested.|
|June 13||Exhibition opens to public|
|June 16||Reception 5 to 7 pm|
|July 25||Exhibition closes|
|July 26||Pick up hand delivered work. 10 am to 2 pm|
- Artwork must be no larger than 48” by 48” (including mat and frame), properly framed (or gallery wrapped), and wired for hanging. No saw tooth hangers, single nail clips, or clip frames.
- Freestanding sculpture not accepted for this exhibition. Wall hung art only.
- SCAA reserves the right to use all art, artist information and images for publicizing the event and for other promotional purposes. A catalog illustrating all accepted works will be produced and a copy will be available to each accepted artist.
- A 6% sales tax will be collected on all sales. A 25% commission on all sales will be collected by SCAA, a 501c(3) not for profit.
HOW TO ENTER:
- Entry Fee: No fee for SCAA Artist Members and a nonrefundable $15 for Nonmembers. Up to three (3) artworks may be submitted.
- Image Requirements: Submit high resolution jpeg images, at least 300 dpi @ 6” x 8”. Each jpeg must be labeled with the artist’s last name, 1st name, title of work.
- Online Submission: Images shall be submitted online together with interactive entry form and secured fees through PayPal at the southcobbarts.org website.
- SCAA membership required for no fee application. Any new or renewal of memberships should be processed before registering on-line for exhibit.
DELIVERY/SHIPPING AND HANDLING
- Attach your label or business card to the back upper right corner of each accepted piece when delivered. Include Artist Name, Phone#, Title, Medium, and Price.
- Hand Delivery: The artist or designated agent may bring accepted artwork to MHAC, 5239 Floyd Rd., Mableton, GA 30126, on Thursday, June 7th, 10 – 2 pm. If special arrangements need to be requested email email@example.com with the header “Mixed Media Exhibition”.
- No commercial or mailed shipments will be accepted at the venue norat the SCAA mailing or physical address.
LIABILITY: By submitting your entry you are acknowledging that you agree to the following:
- Completion of the entry form constitutes the artist’s agreement with all conditions established in this prospectus and SCAA terms and conditions.
- SCAA shall act as the artists’ agent for the purpose of exhibiting the works entered and selling the works at the prices listed.
- A 25% SCAA commission and 6% sales tax apply to any work sold during this exhibition. A check minus the tax and commission will be mailed to the Artist within 30 days after the close of the exhibition.
- All work will remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibit.
- Although SCAA agrees to handle all artwork with proper care, the Artist is solely responsible for insuring artwork. SCAA and the venue shall not be liable for damage or loss.
- While the gallery has a security system and SCAA will make every effort to ensure that the artwork is safe and secure, the Artist is solely responsible for insuring against damages or theft.
- SCAA is unable to provide protective storage and cannot be responsible for artwork left after the pick-up date or unreturnable shipped work.
- The Artist’s work must be picked up on _July 26th, 2018_______ unless prior arrangements are made with a SCAA representative. Work not retrieved within 7 days may become the property of SCAA.
- SCAA reserves the right to use artist information and images for publicizing the event. A full color catalog of all accepted works will be produced and a copy will be available to each accepted artist as well as reception or gallery guests. SCAA shall make an artists’ list available for visitors and place labels by each piece of work.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call for Entry - Creative Exploration in Mixed Media
March 1, 2018 - May 25, 2018
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM